Supplier Relationship Officer – 58153
£30,451 – £38,373
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Supplier Relationship Officer
Location: London/ Birmingham/ Nottingham/ Sheffield/ Glasgow
Closing Date: 20th May 2022
Interviews: W/C 6th June 2022
Salary: National – £30,451 – £34,105, London – £34,262 – £38,373
We’re recruiting for a Supplier Relationship Officerhere at MoJ Digital & Technology, to be part of our warm and collaborative LAA Digital team.
The Legal Aid Agency (LAA) provides civil and criminal legal aid and advice in England and Wales and each year we help more than 2 million people to deal with their legal problems.
LAA Digital sit within MoJ Digital and Technology function and provide a service to the LAA. The department engages with a number of key stakeholder groups, including 3rd party suppliers and external users.
The value of contracts held by (or where Digital have an interest) is approximately £13 million. This is a complex area, involving 3rd party suppliers who provide a range of services to the LAA under different contractual and commercial arrangements. In some cases, these contracts are held directly by LAA Digital while others are held by the departments within the LAA or MoJ, and effective engagement is required with colleagues in the wider MoJ Commercial team and across the LAA to ensure LAA interests are managed. Significant expertise is required to manage these relationships and commercial arrangements effectively.
LAA has a significant portfolio of projects to deliver over the course of the financial year, along with a number of BAU activities to maintain; effective supplier appointment and management and control of licensing will be key to both the quality and value for money of the outcomes. In addition, the arrangements in place are vital in ensuring live service is maintained and that our business systems are supported, enabling the LAA to continue to deliver against its core function and strategic objectives.
The individual appointed to this role will:
- Support the Operational Improvement Manager in leading, managing and developing the strategy to ensure that effective and efficient relationships are established and maintained with our suppliers and partners, providing the necessary levels of assurance.
- Monitoring supplier performance and addressing any issues, and escalating to the Operational Improvement Manager where appropriate to ensure mitigation strategies and contingency plans are in place.
- Work in partnership with MoJ ICT procurement to ensure all contracts remain up to date and exit strategies are in place.
- Responding to supplier and stakeholder queries.
- Scheduling regular meetings with suppliers and stakeholders as necessary.
- Monitor supplier performance against contractual obligations.
- Tracking spend against commercial cover in place.
- Managing the administrative processes to ensure suppliers are paid accurately and on time.
- Support and maintain relationships with MoJ ICT procurement to ensure all contracts remain up to date and renewal/ exit strategies are tracked and action is taken in a timely manner
- Support other members of the senior management team where required.
If this feels like an exciting challenge, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
- Meet the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and engaging with stakeholders.
- Ability to work at a detailed level to understand the complexity and implications of individual contracts.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with a successful track record of identifying and resolving issues.
- An ability to get things done and drive forward the activities required to manage commercial arrangements effectively.
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit CV and Covering Letter which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In D&T, we recruit using a combination of the Digital, Data and Technology CapabilityandSuccess Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
- Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
Your application will be reviewed against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a 1-hour panel interview held via video conference.
Terms & Conditions
Please review our Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role and salary arrangements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The national salary range is £30,451 - £34,105, London salary range is £34,262 - £38,373. Your salary will be dependent on your base location.