Senior Technical Architect – Networks – 64024
£51,767 – £64,135
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Salary: £55,720 – £79,180 which may include an allowance up to £23,460 (London); £51,767 – £72,846 which may include an allowance up to £21,079 (National)
Working pattern: Full Time
Vacancy number: 64024
*We are currently offering hybrid working which includes 2 days per week in your local office. Office locations can be found here
We’re recruiting for a SeniorTechnical Architect here at Justice Digital, to be part of our warm and collaborative Network, Voice, Video and Hosting Services team.
These are exciting times at Justice Digital. We have a clear vision – to develop a digitally enabled justice system that works simply for its users – and we’re looking for enthusiastic, talented people to help us achieve it.
We’re making things better by building adaptable, effective services and making systems that are simple to use for staff and citizens. It can be challenging but it’s also important and rewarding.
As well as doing interesting work, we’re creating an environment that’s great to work in. We provide the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and offer brilliant training opportunities alongside support from expert colleagues. On top of that, you’ll find flexible working, an inclusive culture, and a place where your opinion is valued.
Find out more about the work digital Justice get involved in, see the online blog, https://mojdigital.blog.gov.uk/
- Able to determine where gaps exist in current architectures, people and processes and being proactive in bridging those gaps.
- Steer new solutions to a successful outcome where multiple 3rd parties or technical stake holders are involved.
- Responsible for documenting design, installation, and configuration of network infrastructure to best practice.
- To help drive the Roadmap for new solutions, services, or products.
- Managing of internal resources and 3rd parties and their deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of solutions.
If this feels like an exciting challenge, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
- A good understanding of varying technologies, platforms and operational models in the network and voice / video arenas including a good understanding of various WAN technologies including MPLS, DIA, 4/5G.
- A good understanding of IP Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF) and overlay technologies such as DMVPN and SD-WAN.
- A good understanding of LAN architecture.
- A good understanding of Network Security concepts and technologies (VPN, NAC, Identity and Access Management).
- Extensive experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure) and a good understanding of network management tooling.
- A good understanding of voice technologies – ISDN, SIP, H.323, SBC’s.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Standards and practices (NCSC, Official Security Levels etc.) including knowledge of the Public Services Network (PSN) Architecture.
Willingness to be assessed against the requirements for SC clearance
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
- 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
- We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy, etc.
- 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
- Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
- Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
- Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
- Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
- 5 days volunteering paid leave.
- Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a CV and optional cover letter which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
Your application will be reviewed against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a 1-hour panel interview held via video conference.
Should we receive a high volume of applications, a pre-sift based on your understanding of varying technologies, platforms and operational models will be conducted prior to the sift.
Terms & Conditions
Please review our Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role and salary arrangements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The national salary range is £51,767 - £59,590, London salary range is £55,720 - £64,135. Your salary will be dependent on your base location