Senior ServiceNow System Administrator – 60116
£36,049 – £47,591
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Title: Senior ServiceNow System Administrator
Closing Date: 28th June 2022
Interviews: 26th July 2022
Salary: £36,049 – £41,095 (National) and £41,747 – £47,591 (London)
*We are currently offering hybrid working which includes 2 days per week in your local office. Office locations can be foundhere
We’re looking for a talented and tenacious ServiceNow Systems Administrator to join our digital team in London to take the lead in creating world-class services in the justice system. We use cutting-edge agile software development approaches to make rapid but meaningful improvements to public services that live up to the unique challenges of MOJ’s responsibility to society.
The Systems Administrator will have a good understanding of how to manage the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform. They contribute to the development of best practice and take part in activities for their community of practice (internally and across government). They are responsible for developing, documenting, and implementing detailed plans for ensuring configuration control for IT programs, projects, and tasks. This role is instrumental in the maintenance of a platform that directly serves over 100,00 users, and indirectly supports the entire UK justice system.
- Support all instances of ServiceNow, including routine troubleshooting, incident response and user/group management.
- Clone, patch, administer plugin upgrades and release maintenance tasks of all instances spanning ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, ITAM and integrations, and future modules of ServiceNow.
- Ensure that repeat incidents managed by the team are fed into, and tracked through, problem management.
- Monitor and report on platform license usage.
- Create and maintain knowledge articles related to the use of the ServiceNow platform to support the System Administration area
- Proactively maintain operational documentation to reduce support risk and inefficiency
- Proactively stay on top of new capabilities in the platform related to system administration and educating team members and business users as required.
- Provide support (including ad-hoc Q&A) for program staff related to ServiceNow processes, policies and procedures
- Plan ServiceNow release upgrades including technical and stakeholder management activities
- Systems administration – Reports on system quality/health and identify potential issues based on health check reporting.
- Assist with management and organisation of code escrow as required
- Monthly and other Reporting on system administration tasks and statuses of the instances, and other analytics
- Day to day activities including and not limited to troubleshooting, configurations and deployments.
- Work with other system administrators to ensure a common way of working.
- Other duties as assigned
If this feels like an exciting challenge, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
- 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
- We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy, etc.
- 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
- Generouscivil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
- Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
- Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality,PROUD andSPIRIT
- Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
- 5 days volunteering paid leave.
- Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail; a high bar for quality results.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel with an awareness for evolving prioritisation.
- Flexibility and problem solving.
- Agile working – works in a consultative manner to manage and visualise outcomes across multiple teams, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP) and scope.
- Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills in a matrixed organisation.
- Requirements definition and management – Contributes to setting of business priorities for development and enhancement. Able to carry out the implementation of requests for changes to baseline requirements.
- Stakeholder relationship management – Identifies key stakeholders and understands how to work with them, tailoring communication to their needs and works consultatively across teams to build relationships whilst also meeting user needs.
- User focus – Excellent engagement with users and stakeholders to collate and document user requirements for system administration, while able to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users.
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform as a Systems Administrator.
- Verifiable Certified ServiceNow System Administrator qualification.
- ITIL Foundation 4 qualification
- Experience of the ITOM and ITBM/PPM ServiceNow modules
- Working experience in one or more IT operations disciplines
- Previous experience of working within government
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out morehere about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a covering letter and CV which describe how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In D&T, we recruit using a combination of theDigital, Data and Technology Capability andSuccess Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
- Seeing the bigger picture
- Working Together
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Changing and Improving
Your application will be reviewed against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a 1-hour panel interview held via video conference.
Should we receive a high volume of applications, a pre-sift based on your technical skills will be conducted prior to the sift.
Terms & Conditions
Please review ourTerms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role and salary arrangements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
The national salary is £36,049 - £41,095, London salary is £41,747 - £47,591. Your salary will be dependent on your base location