Senior Delivery Manager – 44831
£48,353 - £78,448
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) Digital and Technology team is made up of around 900 digital and technology specialists, located throughout the U.K. Our vision is a digitally enabled end-to-end justice system which can adapt and respond to changing needs.
The Technology Services team within Digital and Technology is responsible for all infrastructure, end user computing, onsite support and delivery of technology projects. It has responsibility for 95,000 devices and infrastructure across 900+ sites.
The Small Works Delivery Team sits within the Demand and Engagement Function. Our Delivery Managers work closely with product and service owners to ensure the right environment to deliver the vision, products and services iteratively, and to ensure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important.
Delivery Managers are responsible for working with suppliers and across Digital and Technology to remove obstacles and blockers that stand in the way of delivery. They challenge approaches inside and outside of the team and are working with and facilitating a focus on the outcome.
They will have a deep understanding of agile, waterfall and lean practices and make judgements on the use of appropriate tools and techniques for their environment. They proactively manage dependencies, identify and manage priorities, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints. Delivery Managers may manage risks, budgets and people.
Working to a Principal Lead Business Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for building and fostering relationships with service and product owners including our diverse customer base and helping enable the right digital and technology solutions to meet their business needs. You may be supporting several initiatives for multiple customers at a single time.
Delivery Managers will have a proven track record of IT delivery, including:
- Contract Renewals.
- O365 Platform updates.
- Onboarding new Apps, Products and Services.
- Hardware Refresh Projects.
- Voice and Video Infrastructure
- Voice and Video end points and hardware.
- Agile and Lean Practices – Able to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. Can adapt and reflect, is resilient and can see outside of the process. Able to use a blended approach depending on the context. Able to measure and evaluate outcomes. Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes.
- Communicating between the technical and non-technical – Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders and interpret between them. Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Maintaining delivery momentum – Able to facilitate the delivery flow, managing the pace and tempo. Able to actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
- Making the process work – Able to identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process.
- Planning – Understands the environment and can prioritise the most important or highest value tasks. Able to use data to inform planning. Able to manage complex internal and external dependencies. Able to provide delivery confidence. Able to remove blockers or impediments that affect the plan and is able to develop a plan for difficult situations. Ensures teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
- Team dynamics and collaboration – Able to bring people together to form a motivated team. Able to empower delivery teams. Able to help create the right environment for a team to work in. Recognises and deals with issues. Able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation.
- Working across Digital and Technology to provide valued experience in delivery methods.
- Alignment to service and product owners, having a full understanding of the service offering and route to delivery
- Working closely with Demand Managers for the implementation of solutions identified during requirements gathering and solution design.
- Working closely with suppliers to assess and implement solutions.
If this feels like an exciting challenge, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
This is a MoJ Band Ab role with a salary between £48,353 – £67,943 plus great benefits:
- 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
- We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy, etc.
- 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
- Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
- Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
- Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
- Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
- 5 days volunteering paid leave.
- Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
- You will have the ability to visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and to make disciplined decisions based on available information. Such skills include the ability to apply logical thinking; gathering and analysing information using comprehensive tools and techniques; the use of data to formulate both short term day-to-day and longer-term strategic plans and the ability to identify and analyse options and assess feasibility and operational impact.
- You will take ownership of problems and show initiative in aligning the necessary resources to bring about a successful outcome for the business.
- You will be able to understand user needs, based upon evidence. You’ll be able to engage in meaningful interactions and relationships to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs.
- You’ll identify and explore opportunities for service and business improvement, be curious and have a desire to challenge in order to continually improve both digital and technology solutions but also the way that people across MoJ work.
- You’ll demonstrate a passion for digital and technology and how it can be used to enable new ways of working, increase efficiencies and productivity and reduce costs. You’ll stay abreast of new and emerging tools and technologies that would allow MoJ to deliver upon its priorities.
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a CV and Cover Letter which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In D&T, we recruit using a combination of the Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
- Communicating and influencing
- Working together
- Developing self and others
- Changing and improving
- Managing a quality service
Your application will be reviewed and sifted against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a panel interview held via video conference.
Please review the following Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com