Senior Business Relationship Manager – 72226
£51,767 – £64,135
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Senior Business Relationship Manager
Closing Date: 26 March 2023
Interviews: 05 April 2023
Grade: 7 (MoJ candidates who are on a specialist grade, will be able to retain this grade on lateral transfer)
Salary: London: £55,720 – £64,135 which may include an allowance up to £1630 National: £51,767 – £59,590 which may include an allowance up to £2208
Working pattern: Full Time, Part Time, Flexible Working
Contract Type: Permanent
*We are currently offering hybrid working which includes 2 days per week in your local office. Office locations can be found HERE
We’re recruiting for a Senior Business Relationship Manager here at Justice Digital, to be part of our warm and collaborative Demand and Engagement team.
Business Relationship Management is one of three functions that makes up the Demand and Engagement Team. The Demand and Engagement Team is the first port of call for all requests for new technology demand across the Ministry of Justice and its Arm’s Length Bodies. The over-arching team objectives are to work with stakeholder to:
● Engage regularly with key areas of the MoJ, to understand the organisation its priorities and plans.
● Build and strengthen relationships with our customers.
● Implement and drive key processes to deliver an improved service for our customers.
● Ensure business needs are met using appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
● Support stakeholders through internal governance processes
● Promote the MoJ Justice Digital strategy and direction of travel, driving adoption of common services and solutions
● Ensure value for money and appropriate use of public funds
Working to a Principal Lead Business Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for building and fostering relationships with our diverse customer base and helping enable the right digital and technology solutions to meet their business needs. You may be supporting several business areas or have overall ownership for the relationship with a specific customer or area. You will be expected to take on the larger and more complex items of demand and work with the customer and internal Subject Matter Expert (SMEs) to bring about the right solution.
To help picture your life at MoJ Justice Digital please take a look at our blog and our Digital and Technology strategy 2025
Business Relationship Management – Customer Relations
● Takes ownership of issues that occur and is proactive in identifying potential problems. Achieves excellent user outcomes.
● Identifies key customer groups and Influences stakeholders and manages engagement effectively, taking ownership of the relationship. Facilitates and delivers the business outcomes. Acts as a conduit between MoJ Justice Digital, it’s suppliers and the customer, and as a point of escalation to resolve customer complaints.
● Maintains accurate record keeping and continually monitors data accuracy and is able to report against it. Is able to demonstrate low-level data analysis to identify trends and issues and is accountable for the work of the Band B.
● Understands the services owned by Technology Services and the dependencies. Is able to explain the purpose of the services and use that to add value in conversations with stakeholders. Is able to demonstrate staying abreast of new and emerging tools and technologies, which can delivery business benefits.
● Is able to identify process improvement opportunities and efficiencies. Creates and contributes to the implementation of proposed solutions.
Business Relationship Management – Understanding of Customer Landscape
● Works with the business to understand its plans, priorities issues, strategic aims and assess long-term impact and dependencies and aligning thinking to MoJ Justice Digital strategy.
● Is able to demonstrate an understanding of the business and its future needs and priorities. Is able to understand a business request for a new service and help shape a set of high-level requirements, whilst engaging with relevant SMEs, suppliers and managing customer expectations in scoping a solution for delivery.
● Contributing to investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing processes, driving the collection of information and creation of recommendations for improvements, taking in to account all available options and outcomes.
● When considering new demand, takes a view as to the support and service requirements. Ensures Service Design Function is engaged, whether mapping a new requirement into a current service or onboarding a new product or service. Demonstrating an understanding of the products and services that are consumed by the business area they are supporting and engaging with them on a regular basis to manage and mitigate any risks.
● Demonstrates an understanding of assets including hardware, software, intellectual property, licences, warranties. This includes managing usage, disposal, compliance, inventory, sustainability, cost optimisation and protection of the asset portfolio. Tracks, logs and corrects information to protect assets and components.
● Line Management of one or two HEO’s may be required. Previous experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
If this feels like an exciting opportunity, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
● 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
● We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning
● 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
● Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
● 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Kings’ birthday.
● 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
● Option to buy or sell annual leave
● Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
● Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
● Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
● Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
● Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
● 5 days volunteering paid leave.
● Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
● Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
● You will take ownership of problems and show initiative in aligning the necessary resources to bring about a successful outcome for the business.
● You’ll demonstrate a passion for digital and technology and how it can be used to enable new ways of working, increase efficiencies and productivity and reduce costs. You’ll stay abreast of new and emerging tools and technologies that would allow MoJ to deliver upon its priorities.
Willingness to be assessed against the requirements for BPSS clearance
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a CV and Personal Statement (c.750 words) which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In Justice Digital, we recruit using a combination of the Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
● Making Effective Decisions
● Seeing the Bigger Picture
● Managing a Quality Service
● Changing and Improving
● Delivering at Pace
● Working Together
Your application will be reviewed against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a 1-hour panel interview held via video conference.
Should we receive a high volume of applications, a pre-sift based on Working Together will be conducted prior to the sift.
Terms & Conditions
Please review our Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role and salary arrangements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
The national salary range is £51,767 - £59,590, London salary range is £55,720 - £64,135. Your salary will be dependent on your base location