Senior Business Analyst – 75136
£51,767 – £64,135
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Senior Business Analyst
Closing Date: 11th June
Interviews: 22nd and 23rd June
Grade: MoJ Band 7
(MoJ candidates who are on a specialist grade, will be able to retain this grade on lateral transfer)
Salary: £55,720 – £64,135 which may include an allowance up to £7,955 (London)
£51,767 – £59,590 which may include and allowance up to £5,108 (National)
Working pattern: Full Time, Part Time, Flexible Working
Contract Type: Permanent
Vacancy number: 75136
*We are currently offering hybrid working which includes 2 days per week in your local office. Office locations can be foundHERE
We’re recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst here atJustice Digital, to be part of our warm and collaborative Demand and Business Relationship Management team.
The Technology Team design, deliver and support the core infrastructure and systems that enable End User Compute Services (EUC) and line of business applications for over 100,000 Ministry of Justice users across over 800 locations.
The role will be involved in researching and documenting business needs, processes, data, and requirements to provide clarity to project teams. It will also work with business stakeholders and product owners to agree pragmatic approaches to change by following a phased incremental delivery of releasable products using a prioritised backlog of functional, non-functional, and technical requirements that will adjust as each phase is delivered.
To help picture your life atMoJ Justice Digital please take a look at ourblog and ourDigital and Technology strategy 2025
- Understanding the complex customer landscape and differences in business areas.
- Collaborating with stakeholders, users, the business, across departments and teams to identify and define business/user needs.
- Undertake research, analysis and diagnosis of business processes and requirements by facilitation, single or multiple user research sessions to document processes.
- Identifying and defining business benefit, value and metrics, epics, features, user stories, including splitting and refining work.
- Build strong relationships with senior MoJ stakeholders to provide support into the Demand and BRM (Business Relationship Management) Team, understanding their priorities and responding to their questions.
- For each initiative being worked on, maintain a clear prioritised backlog of requirements. Work with the delivery and project teams and squads to turn these requirements into a phased delivery plan where useful products are delivered to the business at the end of each phase.
- Working collaboratively, ensuring the development lifecycle remains continuous and product quality and benefit are maintained.
- Develop and document detailed knowledge of business opportunities.
- Support and influence the continuous improvement of the project management framework and methodology using a blend of best fit approaches.
- Liaising with technical teams to ensure that operational principles are embedded in designs.
As a Business Analyst, you work collaboratively with:
- Demand Managers, Business Relationship Managers, Solution Architects
- All Service Owners
- Senior Operations Managers and Product Leads and within the EUC, VVI (Voice Video and Integration) and Platforms teams
- MOJ Technical Architecture and Service Operations teams
- 3rd party Service Managers, Project, and technical leads
- Key MOJ stakeholders
If this feels like an exciting opportunity, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
- Recognised Business Analysis certification such as BCS/ISEB or have attended a formalised Business Analysis course
- Experience as a Business Analyst and/or User Researcher
- Experience working with multiple project disciplines and methodologies and will be experienced in the full product management lifecycle
- Experience working with a range of key stakeholders and build effective working relationships both inside and outside of the organisation
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Experience at facilitating group discussions and workshops, using tried and tested business analysis techniques to elicit, validate and prioritise requirements and user stories
- Prioritisation and time management must be a strong point, as must multi-tasking, as will be working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of Business process testing and can apply these skills to assess how appropriate the defined business process and end-to-end service are going to be
- Comfortable escalating where appropriate and be confident to influence and engage stakeholders to reach common goals
Willingness to be assessed againstthe requirements for BPSS clearance
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out morehere about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
- 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
- We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning
- 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
- Generouscivil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Kings’ birthday.
- 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
- Option to buy or sell annual leave
- Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
- Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender EqualityPROUD andSPIRIT
- Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
- 5 days volunteering paid leave.
- Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a CV and Personal Statement (c.750 words) which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In Justice Digital, we recruit using a combination of theDigital, Data and Technology Capability andSuccess Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
- Changing & Improving
- Communicating & Influencing
- Delivery at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
Your application will be reviewed against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a 1-hour panel interview held via video conference.
Should we receive a high volume of applications, a pre-sift based on your ‘Experience as a Business Analyst and/or User Researcher’ AND ‘Business Analysis certification such as BCS/ISEB, or attended a Business Analysis course’ will be conducted prior to the sift.
Terms & Conditions
Please review ourTerms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role and salary arrangements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
The national salary range is £51,767 - £59,590, London salary range is £55,720 - £64,135 Your salary will be dependent on your base location