Recruitment Service Coordinator – 52051
£25,118 – £30,324
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
We’re recruiting for a Recruitment Service Coordinator here at MoJ Digital & Technology, to be part of our warm and collaborative Strategy & Operations team.
We have an exciting two year fixed-term opportunity here atMoJ Digital & Technology for a Recruitment Service Coordinator to join our Recruitment Team.
As a Recruitment Service Coordinator you will belong to a warm and welcoming team that works at pace, collaborating and contributing to a range of exciting change projects and sit as part of our broader Strategy & Operations team. The Strategy & Operations team are responsible for enabling our colleagues to get on with delivery. We instill a culture of accountability, value for money and commerciality across MoJ D&T and we want to make it a great place to work.
As part of this role, you will also have the opportunity to become an apprentice and study towards a relevant professional qualification with dedicated time for learning each week.
As part of a team of three, your typical day will include:
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records as requested
- Comprehensive administrative support and assistance including reporting and database administration.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (candidates, hiring managers, interview panel members) and other central functions such as Director General’s Office, Finance, HR, 3rd parties
- Monitor the recruitment team inbox, as well as other communication channels such as slack, responding to queries or escalating as appropriate
- Deal with highly sensitive issues and personal data, acting with diplomacy and maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Contribute towards the organisation and coordination of team retrospectives, meetings and events
- Being flexible and working to tight deadlines
- Being part of teams that are always looking at change and improvement – actively contributing to different projects
- Support key recruitment team processes including: advertising jobs on various recruitment platforms and social media; managing admin within the recruitment process; scheduling of interviews; onboarding new starters and completing right to work checks
The focus for this particular role will be the accurate and timely inputting of our data, running reports, responding to queries and placing adverts to ensure we offer the highest level of service to all our stakeholders.
You will work alongside the other Service Coordinators covering for each other to offer a seamless service, so will need to be flexible in your approach to work.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to build a career in recruitment.
If this feels like an exciting challenge, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
- 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
- We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy, etc.
- 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
- Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
- Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
- Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
- Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
- 5 days volunteering paid leave.
- Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
- Meet the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Experience of accurate data input including checking reports, data extracts before submitting to the stakeholder
- Experience of priorities changing and responding to requests at short notice
- Confident at using a range of different systems and applications being seen as the subject matter expert
- Experience working in Government or a similarly large-scale and complex corporate environment that has a high volume of admin related activity
- Experience of collaborating with key stakeholders both verbally and in writing (3rd parties, candidates, hiring managers, interview panel members) and other central functions
- Good working knowledge of Excel or similar spreadsheet software including: use of formulae, sorting and filtering; production of graphs and charts; basic data analysis
- Proactive in problem solving as an individual or part of a team
- Experience working in a recruitment or similar people-focused team, with knowledge of advertising, interviewing & onboarding processes
- Experience working with hiring managers and external candidates
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a CV which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In D&T, we recruit using a combination of the Digital, Data and Technology CapabilityandSuccess Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
Your application will be reviewed against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a one hour panel interview held via video conference. There will also be a 10 minute Excel/Google Sheets exercise as part of the selection process.
Should we receive a high volume of applications, a pre-sift based on your experience working in Government or a similarly large-scale and complex corporate environment that has a high volume of admin related activity will be conducted prior to the sift.
Terms & Conditions
Please review our Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role and salary arrangements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org