Communications / Marketing
Junior Animator – 37645
£26,411 - £30,324
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
Fixed Term for 12 months
This is an exciting opportunity to join Design102: a central government design studio working on projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Junior Animator to produce engaging and visually striking animations and designs. With strong animation skills, and some studio experience, you will be happy to deliver animations across a broad range of briefs and animation styles. You’re motivated, ambitious, positive, and work as well independently as you do in a team.
If you have a strong passion for animation and design, a desire to learn, and a portfolio with a range of creative projects, this is the job for you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- assisting the project lead and senior animator at all stages of the design and animation process
- delivering engaging animation and design solutions for a range of client needs including: animations, storyboards, motion graphics, social media content, dynamic infographics and digital designs
- working with the video team producing graphics within film projects
- working with communication colleagues, clients and stakeholders to discuss the business objectives and requirements of every job
- working to agreed deadlines and budgets, adhering to brand guidelines and relevant industry design standards and accessibility guidelines
- delivering excellent customer service, seeking to understand clients’ priorities and constraints and providing clear and timely communications
- managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and keeping the client team updated on progress
- keeping the project management system up to date, logging time spent on each project
- presenting ideas and concepts, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work is effective
- incorporating client feedback amending designs accordingly
- working effectively as part of a team with designers, copywriters, videographers, artworkers, the strategy team and the client team
Essential experience and personal skills:
- an eye for detail and a passion for motion graphics
- excellent knowledge of industry standard design applications – Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on After Effects, Premiere Pro and Illustrator
- qualification in a design or motion graphics-related subject or equivalent experience
- excellent typographic and animation skills
- creative flair, a strong visual sense and strong desire to learn
- an understanding of accessibility principles and guidelines
- awareness of emerging design trends and technologies
- liasing with clients and implementing feedback
- excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to present and explain
- the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- enthusiasm and good teamwork skills
It’s an advantage if you have:
- skills in Cinema 4D, Adobe Character Animator and Adobe Audition
- experience with rigging and character animation
Your application should include your CV and covering letter.
Please also include, or provide a link to a short showreel and/or portfolio including examples of your work.
You can find out more about us at design102.co.uk
Working Arrangements & Further Information
Some of MoJ’s terms and conditions of service are changing as part of Civil Service reform. The changes will apply to staff joining MoJ who are new to the Civil Service. Staff joining MoJ from other civil service employers will transfer onto the new MoJ terms if they are already on ‘modernised’ terms in their current post or onto ‘unmodernised’ MoJ terms if they are on ‘unmodernised’ terms at their current post. Details will be available if an offer is made.
Flexible working hours
The Ministry of Justice offers a flexible working system in many offices.
The MoJ offers a range of benefits:
Annual leave is 25 days on appointment and will increase to 30 days after five years’ service.
There is also a scheme to allow qualifying staff to buy or sell up to three days leave each year. Additional paid time off for public holidays and 1 privilege day. Leave for part-time and job share posts will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
The Civil Service offers a choice of pension schemes, giving you the flexibility to choose the pension that suits you best.
The Ministry of Justice is committed to staff development and offers an extensive range of training and development opportunities.
- A range of ‘Family Friendly’ policies such as opportunities to work reduced hours or job share.
- Access to flexible benefits such as voluntary benefits,retail vouchers and discounts on a range of goods and services.
- For any moves across the Civil Service may have implications on your ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers
- Paid paternity, adoption and maternity leave.
- Free annual sight tests for employees who use computer screens.
The opportunity to join employee-run networks that have been established to provide advice and support and to enable the views of employees from minority groups to be expressed direct to senior management. There are currently networks for employees of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, employees with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles. Should you feel that the recruitment process has breached the recruitment principles you are able to raise a formal complaint in the following order
1- To Shared Service Connected Ltd (0845 241 5358 (Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm) or e mail Mojemail@example.com);
2- To Ministry of Justice Resourcing (firstname.lastname@example.org);
3- To the Civil Service Commission (details available here)
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Grading Structure Review
The Ministry of Justice is currently undergoing a review of posts which are currently graded at Band A to realign our grading structure with the majority of the wider Civil Service.
Posts advertised at Band A may be graded at either Grade 6 or Grade 7 once the review has taken place.