Interaction Designer – 60474
£36,049 – £47,591
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Interaction Designer Location: National*
Closing Date: 14th July 2022
Interviews: Held on a weekly basis throughout the monthly campaign.
National: £36,049 – £43,000 which may include an allowance up to £6,951
London: £41,747- £49,300 which may include an allowance up to £7,553
Working pattern: Full-time, Part-time, flexible working
Vacancy number: 60474
*We are currently offering hybrid working which includes 2 days per week in your local office. Office locations can be found here
We’re recruiting for Interaction Designers here at MoJ Digital & Technology, to be part of our warm and collaborative team.
You’ll be welcomed into a thriving design community and into multidisciplinary teams, alongside user researchers, product managers, software developers and others to deliver world-class, user-centred services.
- Analyse & interpret user needs and business objectives in highly complex service areas
- Develop design concepts that help reimagine how services can be delivered end-to-end
- Facilitate design workshops with the team, senior stakeholders and users
- Rapidly design and test digital prototypes with users
- Contribute to design standards and a pattern library, ensuring patterns and components are consistent, accessible, and easy to us
- Contribute to developing best practice through our Design Community of Practice
If this feels like an exciting challenge, something you are enthusiastic about, and want to join our team please read on and apply!
- 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
- We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy,
- 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
- Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
- Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Wellbeing support including access to the Calm
- Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
- Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
- 5 days volunteering paid leave.
- Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for
- Some offices may have a subsidised onsite
- You have a grounding in user-centred design, from concept to final You know which tools, process or methods to use and how to bring an agile delivery team along with you.
- You can listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders, and interpret them in a way that is clear for both You know how to manage stakeholder expectations and navigate difficult discussions.
- You can create high-quality, compelling design concepts and artefacts such as personas, service maps and wireframes.
- You are experienced in rapid paper and digital
- You can confidently work with developers and understand security, accessibility, version control and hosting.
- You know what good public services look like and how to design in an inclusive, accessible way.
- You are a strong team player who knows how to work with and get the best out of a multi-disciplinary delivery team.
- You have experience designing public services
- You have experience designing at scale and in technical
Willingness to be assessed against the requirements for BPSS clearance
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a CV, with a link to an up-to-date portfolio showing your relevant work (if you don’t have an online portfolio, please upload it to Google Drive and include a link to it in your CV) and Cover letter (1 page max) which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above
In D&T, we recruit using a combination of the Digital, Data and TechnologyCapability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working together
- Seeing the big picture
- Changing and improving
Your application will be reviewed against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a
1-hour panel interview, held via video conference, which will include a short task.
Should we receive a high volume of applications, a pre-sift will be conducted prior to the sift.
Terms & Conditions
Please review our Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role and salary arrangements.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
The national salary is £36,049 - £41,095, London salary is £41,747- £47,591. Your salary will be dependent on your base location