Delivery Manager – 40613
£43,958 - £71,411
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
These are exciting times atMOJ Digital and Technology . We have a clear vision – to develop adigitally-enabled justice system that works more simply for users – and we’re looking for talented people to help us achieve it.
We’re making things better by building adaptable, effective services and making systems that are simple to use for staff and citizens. It can be challenging but it’s also important and rewarding.
As well as doing great work, we’re creating a place that’s great to do work in. We offer tip-top kit, brilliant training opportunities and support from expert colleagues. On top of that, you’ll find flexibleworking, an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued.
Delivery Managers at MOJ work on exciting products in support of services that improve lives. It isan opportunity to work with committed and talented product, user researchers, developers, designers, analysts, agile, and content specialists who share a vision for making better governmentthrough the smarter use of technology.
The Central Digital team is a centre of excellence to ensure the MoJ is becoming more digital and focusing on the right things to digitally transform the justice system and minimise pain for our users.We provide digital products and services for partners in our core operational teams (HQ) and the courts system (HMCTS), as well as offering user centred design, research and digital consultancy for the wider department. Life’s too short not to do something extraordinary, so join us and help improve millions of lives.
We’re looking for an individual with strong interpersonal skills who likes working in a deliveryfocused, agile environment with multidisciplinary teams. You also contribute toour AgileDelivery community and share your skills and experiences with others across the MOJ, andacross government.
You will be an experienced delivery manager leading a multidisciplinary team, supporting and continuously improving products of significant scale and complexity.
- Ability to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. Able torecognise when something does not work and encourages a mindset of experimentation. Can adapt and reflect, is resilient and has the ability to see outside of the process. Able to use a blended approach depending on the context. Able to measure and evaluate outcomes. Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes.
- Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders and interpret between them. Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. Able toactively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including whereownership exists outside the team.
- Ability to identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value and can coachthe organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process.
- Understand the environment and is able to prioritise the most important or highest valuetasks. Able to use data to inform planning. Able to manage complex internal and externaldependencies. Able to provide delivery confidence. Able to remove blockers orimpediments that affect the plan and is able to develop a plan for difficult situations. Ensures teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
- Ability to bring people together to form a motivated team. Able to empower delivery teams. Able to help create the right environment for a team to work in. Recognises and deals with issues. Able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation.
In the Civil Service, we use Success Profiles, a flexible framework, to assess candidates against arange of elements using a variety of selection methods, therefore giving you the opportunity todemonstrate the various elements required to be successful in the role.
At the interview we will be assessing your technical/specialist skills and experience, testing your ability through relevant assessments and asking you questions to around the behaviours we requireto be successful in this role.
The behaviours we assess are:
- Communicating and influencing
- Working together
- Developing self and others
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Seeing the big picture
- Changing and improving
- Managing a quality service
Throughout the process we will assess your technical specialist skills and experience on the aboverequirements as well as competencies you will find on the job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Salary and working arrangements
If successful, the salary we offer you will be within the advertised range and will depend on the skillsand experience you demonstrate at the interview.
Therefore in your cover letter it would be helpful to the hiring teams if you can indicate your salaryexpectations and if possible your notice period.
You’ll also get:
- Flexible working options like working from home 1-2 days a week, working part-time, jobsharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy todiscuss further
- Lots of training and development opportunities
- A civil service pension with an average employer contribution of 22%
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), and an extra day off for the Queen’s birthday. No promises you’ll be invited to her party, though
- Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at fullpay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternitysupport/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
Selection process detailsCandidates must submit:
- a current and relevant CV;
- a statement of suitability (1 page max) setting out why you are interested in the role and how you meet the essential skills and experience required.
The job advert lists the essential, specialist skills and experience as well as key Civil Servicecompetencies required for the role.
At the CV review/sift stage we will use the technical/specialist skills and experience to determineyour suitability for the role. At the interview we ask you questions based on the specialist/technical skills and experience in the job advert and job description.
We conduct competency based interviews which means the interviewers will ask open-endedquestions to which they are seeking answers/evidence of essential, previous experience in order toguide their hiring decision. Some roles may also require us to use assessments as part of the interview process.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedbackafter the CV review (sift) stage.
Things you need to knowSecurity and Immigration checks
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed issecurity check.
Candidates will be subject toUK immigration requirements as well asCivil Service nationality rules.
If you’re applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dualnationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affectthose who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certaincountries outside the UK.
Open to UK,Commonwealth andEuropean Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals.Further information on whether you are able to apply is availablehere.
Candidates in their probationary period are not eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
TheCivil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil ServiceCommission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteedinterview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Contact point for applicants
For further information regarding this role please contact MoJ D&T Recruitment
All Civil Servants will adhere to the‘Civil Service code’ , which outlines the Civil Service’s core values,and the standards of behaviour expected of all civil servants in upholding these values.
Note for Civil Servants only: If successful, the salary offered would normally be determined byapplying the MoJ salary progression rules. If the appointment is on level transfer your substantivesalary (excluding any allowances) will remain unchanged, unless it exceeds the maximum statedwithin the MoJ pay band, and unless your current salary is below the relevant MoJ grade minimum. Ifthe appointment is on temporary or substantive promotion the salary will be increased by the appropriate promotion percentage or moved to the minimum of the relevant MoJ grade minimum, whichever is the greater.
Note for all Applicants – This post is open to UK Nationals, Commonwealth Citizens, EEA Nationalsof other member states and certain non-EEA family members. There must be no employmentrestriction or time limit on your permitted stay in the UK. You should normally have been resident inthe United Kingdom for at least 3 years and in some cases 5 or even 10 years preceding your application due to the requirement to have a checkable history for security vetting purposes. If youanswer ‘No’ to the questions regarding nationality then it is unlikely your application will be pursued.If you are unsure as to your eligibility on any of these points, please contact the recruitment team forclarification or advice.