Communications / Marketing
Account Manager – 43852
£30,845 - £38,373
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
Candidate must provide a cv and statement of suitability (no more than 500 words) as part of their application
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Design102, a unique central government creative studio working on projects that make a difference to people’s lives. You will be responsible for managing accounts and maintaining long lasting relationships with your clients.
This is a hybrid account / project management role where you will be managing day-to-day project activity, liaising with clients, working with designers and lots more.
Main responsibilities will include:
- managing a portfolio of high profile / larger accounts and be the lead point of contact for matters specific to your clients
- building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships
- preparing design, video and strategic planning quotes and schedules for client approval, liaising with the design, artworking, video and strategy managers and traffic team
- meeting clients for briefings and presenting, creative concepts
- discussing work schedules and status knowledgeably and confidently
- sense and content checking materials supplied at all stages of development
- project managing the successful delivery of creative jobs, working closely with designers and ensuring that the outputs meet client needs and budget
- managing the work and career development of Account Executives
- identifying new clients and growing new business
- proven account / project management and relationship building skills
- experience of working within the creative industry and has a thorough understanding of budgets, production and timeframes
- highly self-motivated with a polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
- demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail, deadlines and budget
- line management experience preferred although not required
- good commercial awareness to monitor cost effectiveness of in-house service delivery
- excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- an interest in current affairs
Your application should include your CV and a statement of suitability.
You can find out more about us at design102.co.uk
Working Arrangements & Further Information
Some of MoJ’s terms and conditions of service are changing as part of Civil Service reform. The changes will apply to staff joining MoJ who are new to the Civil Service. Staff joining MoJ from other civil service employers will transfer onto the new MoJ terms if they are already on ‘modernised’ terms in their current post or onto ‘unmodernised’ MoJ terms if they are on ‘unmodernised’ terms at their current post. Details will be available if an offer is made.
Flexible working hours
The Ministry of Justice offers a flexible working system in many offices.
The MoJ offers a range of benefits:
Annual leave is 25 days on appointment and will increase to 30 days after five years’ service.
There is also a scheme to allow qualifying staff to buy or sell up to three days leave each year. Additional paid time off for public holidays and 1 privilege day. Leave for part-time and job share posts will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
The Civil Service offers a choice of pension schemes, giving you the flexibility to choose the pension that suits you best.
The Ministry of Justice is committed to staff development and offers an extensive range of training and development opportunities.
- A range of ‘Family Friendly’ policies such as opportunities to work reduced hours or job share.
- Access to flexible benefits such as voluntary benefits,retail vouchers and discounts on a range of goods and services.
- For any moves across the Civil Service may have implications on your ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers
- Paid paternity, adoption and maternity leave.
- Free annual sight tests for employees who use computer screens.
The opportunity to join employee-run networks that have been established to provide advice and support and to enable the views of employees from minority groups to be expressed direct to senior management. There are currently networks for employees of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, employees with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles. Should you feel that the recruitment process has breached the recruitment principles you are able to raise a formal complaint in the following order
1- To Shared Service Connected Ltd (0845 241 5358 (Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm) or e mail Mojemail@example.com);
2- To Ministry of Justice Resourcing (firstname.lastname@example.org);
3- To the Civil Service Commission (details available here)
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Grading Structure Review
The Ministry of Justice is currently undergoing a review of posts which are currently graded at Band A to realign our grading structure with the majority of the wider Civil Service.
Posts advertised at Band A may be graded at either Grade 6 or Grade 7 once the review has taken place.